Saturday, July 30, 2011

That Scary Thing; A Query Letter

I wrote a couplea more pages of the S & E chapter today (which was Rayon and me arguing) and then edited Frog Prince more. I also did something important; researching publishers and writing a query letter.
The Internet proved to be useless to research a publisher. I was frusterated by this (I am easily frusterated by a lot of things), but told myself I wouldn't let it stop me. So I walked right over to the book shelf, took down a fantasy book, looked to see who published it, looked them up on the web, and now I have everything ready to go out in the mail.
Kinda sorta.
I still need to print out my query letter, and my synopsis, and the two-chapter-long excerpt, and I still need the SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope [not self-addressed sealed envelope {which would be bad}]), and a big envelope to stick it all in.
Still, I am ready to send it out. I'll probably send it out on Monday, because the mail already came today. I'll let you guys know when I do, though. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. I have Wütend handy.